Well usually not much thought is given when buying a new water heater, as we don’t understand the importance of having one, until we have to take those chilling showers when the weather is freezing cold. That’s when we realize if we had given a little more thought when buying those new water heaters. If you are reading this article we must say you are a smart shopper who makes an informed decision prior to buying. We have made this detailed guide on whether to buy a regular hot water heater or the newer tank less water heater.
When it comes to making the decision between the two, both have their own pros and cons, it’s just a matter which one is more suitable to your needs. Before we go into the intricacies of each type we will brief you on how each type functions.
Tank less water heater: The tank less water is usually smaller in size and does not store any water as the name already says it “Tank less”. This heaters usually come has electric based or gas based. They have very high powered burners which can rapidly heat water flowing though the heat exchanger. We will detail the pros and cons of this type of water heater below depending on your requirement you can choose between the two.
- Very high efficiency: As the water is not stored and only heated when needed the wastage of heat is very low and they use low power and gas.
- Small Size: As there is no tank to store water, the size of the water heater is significantly low.
- Long life: A tank less water heater as twice the life span of traditional water heater.
- Less Time wasted: As water heating process is immediate there is no time wasted to heat the water.
- Expensive: The newer tank less water heaters are more expensive compared to a traditional water heater.
- Less flow: The water output is less due to lack of storage
- Complexity of Installation: The installation procedure is quite complex compared to a traditional heater.
Traditional water heater: The traditional water heater is the most popular option among most of the homes as it’s a cheaper option and the most widely used type of water heater. A traditional water heater will have an insulated tank to store and heat the water. This water will be maintained at a particular temperature throughout the cycle.
- Cheaper: They are comparably cheaper when buying a new one.
- Easy Installation: Installation is quite simple in comparison.
- Ease of maintenance: It is easy to clean and repair when there is a failure.
- Bulky Size: They need a large amount of space to install
- Shorter Life Span: They have only half of the life span compared to tank less water heater.
- Higher Utility Bills: They consume more power and are less efficient in comparison to tank less water heater.
- Less Hot Water: A typical house hold water heater can last for 3 showers only.
Finally when it comes to making a decision between the two, the first aspect you would need to consider would be the upfront cost, life span and power consumption. If you are looking to buy a brand new water heater and reside in Dubai, UAE call “Best In Town Services” (04-3382777) we are the dealers of all the top brand water heater available in Dubai market.
Leave a reply